Terrigal By Twilight
This short ride of only 22kms return is ideal for the novice rider keen to explore the highlights of the Central Coast including the famous Terrigal Beach and all its restaurants, bars and cafes. Along the way you will experience some undulating hills. As this ride is designed for taking in after your day out at The Reptile Park, beach or work be sure to pack some lights on your bike, bright enough to be seen at a distance of 200m.
Along the way
As you reach Terrigal you may be in time for the sunset or still have energy to check out the view at The Skillion. In season you may even see whales from this point.
1. As you enter the Dane Dr Cycleway from underneath the Brian McGowan Bridge watch for glass.
2. Give Way to pedestrians on the shared user path especially the Lions Park.
3. Control speed on descents, watch for sections of Terrigal Dr as there are areas which do not have a road shoulder.
4. Once passed the Terrigal Information Centre take care as the road narrows. No shoulder exits as you enter the township of Terrigal.
5. Give Way to pedestrians once you have entered the Terrigal Beach promenade. This area has a high percentage of pedestrians.
|Information sourced from the Central Coast Cycling Guide|